PHINIA’s portfolio includes low pressure H2 injectors for port fuel injection (PFI) configurations. For medium pressure port fuel and direct injection in hydrogen applications we provide the Direct Injector-Compressed Hydrogen Gas (DI-CHG injector) that meets the needs of powertrains with high flow capacity, optimized mixing, flexible packaging and advanced controls. The DI-CHG10 is package compatible with current production 7.5mm tip GDi injectors and suitable for power ranges up to 60kW/cylinder, whilst the larger 9.8mm tip DI-CHG15 injector extends the potential power to 90kW/cylinder for heavy duty commercial vehicle applications.
The injectors have been developed for large flow sections and optimal injector sealing. The specific materials chosen for the injectors ensure durability and help to avoid hydrogen embrittlement. The systems feature a controller and software that allows for a boost system upgrade, EGR and water injection as well as ignition and knock detection.
PHINIA has system specification, integration and calibration capabilities to deliver complete turn key hydrogen propulsion projects.
Features & Benefits
- Nominal pressure range: up to 40 bara
- Compatible with CNG and H2 gases
- Accurate and repeatable delivery
- Multiple injection capability
- Optimized magnetic performance for minimum electrical consumption
- Mixing control – Nominal hollow cone jet but can be customized with integrated deflector cap
- Fuel supply connection: either o-ring or screwed metal to metal interface
- Designed and developed for direct injection
- Can also be mounted in the inlet port
- “Soft opening” and “soft landing” ECU control strategies for low noise
Features / Benefits
- Applicable for internal combustion engines (ICE) and Fuel Cells
- Derived from production M3.5 CNG PFI injector
- Compact package - f17mm solenoid OD
- Use of elastomer valve seal to prevent leak and enable quiet operation
- High opening force generated by optimized 7.6Ω coil design for system pressure up to 10 bara
- Static flow at 10 bara: up to 1.44g/s H2
- Can be operated using cost effective saturated switch as well as higher performance peak & hold drivers
- Compatible with standard On Board Diagnostics (OBD) strategies